Ukraine in Arabic | The Student Abroad Union turned 1 year old
KYIV/Ukraine in Arabic/ On November 25th, a solemn celebration of the first anniversary of The Student Abroad Union All-Ukrainian civil organization took place at the Bogomolets National Medical University (NMU).
The event was visited by numerous students from 57 countries, who are studying at NMU and other educational institutions of Ukraine. These institutions are Kyiv National Taras Shevchenko University, Kyiv Polytechnic Institute, National Pedagogical Dragomanov University, European University, the Interregional Academy of Personnel Management, the National Aviation University. However, the majority of foreign students studying at the Bogomolets National Medical University, which has its historical and professional traditions.
The event was opened by Union’s President Dmitry Bulaev and NMU’s vice-rector for scientific and pedagogical work Alexander Zakordonets.
During the event, the results of a year's work of the Union have been demonstrated; the guests got acquainted with important and interesting information about the organization, about the prospects of its development and new projects for international cooperation of students from different countries.
The welcome speeches were also made by:
- Vladimir Mikhailov, general secretary of the Ukrainian National Committee of the International Chamber of Commerce, a member of the World Council of the International Chamber of Commerce;
- Dr. H. Al-Abdulsatar Dzhumayli, Advisor for Cultural Affairs of the Embassy of the Republic of Iraq in Ukraine;
- Marina Antonenko, Vice-Rector for International Relations and Scientific and Pedagogical Work NMU;
- Alexander Zakordonets, vice-rector for scientific and pedagogical work NMU;
- Irina Lysenko- Tkachuk, Honored Artist of Ukraine, professor of the National Academy of Culture and Arts, Presidential Adviser on Culture Union, Founder pictorial design of the author's art school.
The best students were awarded certificates for the passage of study of practice in the European Parliament (Strasbourg, France).
Guests and representatives of the NMU’s Rectorate Marina Antonenko and Alexander Zakordonets were thanked for the significant contribution to the development of international student movement, the support of foreign students studying in educational institutions in Ukraine and Ukrainian students studying abroad.
At the end of the event Ukrainian and foreign students together performed The Gaudeamus student anthem.