US judge stops deportation of 1,400 Iraqi nationals

07.07.2017 - 09:36 #US, #Court, #deportation, #Iraqi
Court determines whether his court is the proper place to consider their fears of physical harm if they’re kicked out of the country

A federal judge has blocked the deportation of 1,400 Iraqi nationals in the US for another 14 days while he determines whether his court is the proper place to consider their fears of physical harm if they’re kicked out of the country.

US District Judge Mark Goldsmith on Thursday extended until July 24 the suspension that was due to expire Monday because he hasn’t determined yet whether his court is the proper venue for the case first brought by 114 mostly Iraqi Christians rounded up in the Detroit area last month.

The Justice Department has said a US District Court judge doesn’t have jurisdiction in the immigration matter.
The government says 1,400 Iraqis are under deportation orders nationwide. Most are not in custody.

Source: Al Arabiya

Поділитися публікацією:
Головні новини
Близький Схід
Трамп готує ядерну угоду з Саудівською Аравією без жорстких обмежень на збагачення
Вашингтон прагне закріпити американські технології в енергетиці Королівства
Різне
Дубай спрощує оформлення віз: запущено єдину систему медогляду для резидентів
Нова ініціатива Unified Health Screening дозволяє пройти перевірки за один візит
Економіка
Економічний прорив Оману: ненафтовий експорт зріс до 17 мільярдів доларів
Султанат продемонстрував стійкість до падіння цін на нафту завдяки успішній диверсифікації
Шукайте нас на Twitter

© Ukraine in Arabic, 2018. All Rights Reserved.