Monitor: 58 Syria government fighters killed in ISIS attacks

29.09.2017 - 10:46 #Syria, #death, #Sukna
Most of Thursday’s dead came south of the desert town of Sukna

ISIS militants killed at least 58 Syrian government troops and militia as the militants put up fierce resistance to a Russian-backed offensive against some of its last bastions, a monitor said Friday.

Most of Thursday’s dead came south of the desert town of Sukna, east of the ancient city of Palmyra, the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights said.

ISIS put out a statement claiming to have killed scores of regime fighters in the area and also released what it said was an audio recording of its leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi urging resistance, his first in months.

Syrian troops pushed through the vast desert that separates the main cities of the west from the Euphrates Valley this summer and broke a three-year ISIS siege of government enclaves in the eastern city of Deir Ezzor earlier this month.

Source: Al Arabiya

Поделиться публикацией:
Главные новости
Дипломатия
Тегеран давит на Багдад: спикер парламента Ирана срочно прибыл в Ирак из-за разоружения боевиков
Иранский режим пытается сохранить контроль над своими неподконтрольными милициями
Политика
Ливан отменяет въездные ограничения для 600 тысяч сирийских граждан
Бейрут и Дамаск открывают новую страницу межгосударственных отношений
Ближний восток
Эксперты МАГАТЭ начали раскопки на секретном ядерном объекте в Сирии
Новые власти в Дамаске гарантируют полную прозрачность и допуск инспекторов
Ищите нас на Twitter

© Ukraine in Arabic, 2018. All Rights Reserved.