Coalition will begin operation on retake Raqqa in few days

24.03.2017 - 13:00 #Raqqa, #ISIL, #coalition, #Retake
French Defence Minister Jean-Yves Le Drian said on Friday

A battle against ISIS to recapture the Syrian city of Raqqa is likely to start in the coming days, French Defence Minister Jean-Yves Le Drian said on Friday.

“France has always said that Raqqa was a major objective,” Le Drian told CNews television station. “Today, one can say that Raqqa is encircled, that the battle for Raqqa will start in the coming days.” “It will be a very hard battle, but a battle that is going to be of utmost importance,” he added.

Earlier this week, the US Pentagon department had said that the US-led coalition against ISIS had for the first time airdropped local ground forces behind enemy lines near the ISIS-held town of Tabqa in northern Syria, opening up a new front in the campaign to recapture Raqqa. 

Read this article in russian.

Source: Al Arabiya

Поделиться публикацией:
Главные новости
Дипломатия
Конец 40-летней войны: парламент Турции согласовал реинтеграцию курдских бойцов
Анкара готовит правовую базу для окончательного разоружения PKK и национального примирения
Политика
Отсчет пошел: Трамп установил Тегерану финальный срок для ядерной сделки
Вашингтон требует немедленных уступок от Тегерана на фоне усиления военного давления
Ближний восток
Сенатор Линдси Грэм назвал Саудовскую Аравию ключом к стабильности на Ближнем Востоке
Американский политик обсудил с Мухаммедом бин Салманом будущее региона и права палестинцев
Ищите нас на Twitter

© Ukraine in Arabic, 2018. All Rights Reserved.